Your opportunity to enjoy a day of photography with full tuition from a professional photographer in a great location
"It was quite magical there. It was also good to be with so many enthusiastic and friendly people."
This one day photography course is based at Carlisle Cathedral, one of the most ancient cathedrals in England. Photo opportunities abound for both interior and exterior photography – and Philip Dunn will be on hand to guide you and help you learn and achieve the most from every opportunity.
Some of the photographic skills you can learn on this Photography Workshop
- How to photograph interiors in natural light
- How to achieve perfect photographs of stained glass windows
- How to use natural light to achieve atmosphere and texture
- Understanding Exposure for interior subjects
- Coping with White Balance
- How to see powerful abstract images
- How to improve composition in your photography
- How to get the most from your tripod
There will be much more. Philip Dunn will be there not only to help with the technical aspects of camera craft, but to help you see things differently and capture unusual angles and powerful compositions.
We have exclusive use of the Prior's Study as a conference room and base throughout the day, and we have been granted special permission – for part of the day – to set up tripods within Carlisle Cathedral itself.
This is a very rare privilege and one that will give you the opportunity to capture beautiful images of the interior of this lovely cathedral – including the chance to photograph its extraordinary blue-painted barrel-shaped ceiling.
LEVEL REQUIRED: You must have an understanding of the basic functions of your own camera and how to access them. This workshop is not suitable for complete beginners
Next Photography Workshop at Carlisle Cathedral
to be arranged
Cost for the day: £60
- Full tuition with professional photographer Philip Dunn
- Use of the Prior's Study conference room for talks
- Permission to use tripods for part of the day
- Permission to photograph in the cathedral grounds and in the cathedral all day without tripods
Not included: lunch and refreshments. The Cathedral restaurant serves home made soup, sandwiches and meals. It is also open for morning coffee and afternoon teas.
See Philip Dunn's check list of What Gear to Bring on these Photography Workshops
Some comments about the most recent Photography Workshop at Carlisle Cathedral…
"I loved the day in the cathedral, thank you so much. It was quite magical there. It was also good to be with so many enthusiastic and friendly people. Perhaps I could do another day there, having digested what we did during the day, that is if you'll have me again. I expect it's always different there. It was really helpful."
"I certainly enjoyed my trip to Carlisle Cathedral especially your enthusiastic tuition which I hope to put into practice."
"I really enjoyed the day – a wonderful venue to learn and practice our 'camera craft'. I learned lots and look forward to returning for another course and/or holiday."