Non-participants and photographers’ partners are always made extremely welcome on these Photography Weekend Breaks.
Non-participants also join us for morning coffee and afternoon teas. These are great times for sharing experiences and fun.
We like to feel that non-participants are very much a welcome part of the group, but it is regretted that non-participants can not accompany the photographers to the locations we photograph. This is for everyone’s benefit and allows all the photographers to concentrate and enjoy their photography and tuition.
Normally non-particpants have far too much to do anyway. There's plenty to see and do in and around the lovely town of Kirkcudbright.
Things to do in Kirkcudbright
Here's just a short list of some of the things are non-participants get up to while their photographer partners are improving their photography…
- Shopping – sorry gents, but there are some wonderful ladies dress shops in Kirkcudbright
- Art Galleries – Kirkcudbright is Scotland's Artists' Town
- Walking - glorious countryside – we are a short drive from the Galloway Hills. or stroll along the busy harbourside
- History – many historic buildings including the wonderful Vistorian 'Stewartry Museum'
- Gardens – The gardens of Threave are just a few miles away
- National Trust – Don't miss a visit to Broughton House – and the studio of artist E A Hornel
- Beauty – some of our non-participants have been known to book the entire day in the local salons
- Beach – if the weather is kind, there is a lovely beach just a couple of miles outside Kirkcudbright
- Wildlife – this unspoilt area of SW Scotland has everything from otters to red kites
- Kids – Many local attractions including a chocolate maker