On these Photography Holidays you will learn from professional photographer Philip Dunn how to create travel photographs with real visual impact. You will discover how to capture the unique atmosphere of every place you visit – sound camera craft and photo technique you can take to the farthest corners of the world.
Philip specialises in teaching travel photography on the beautiful island of Menorca, Spain. He also chooses the best locations in Europe to run a limited number of Photography Holidays and Photography Breaks at other times of the year.
PHOTOGRAPHY HOLIDAY LOCATIONS 2013
"Learn from a Master of his Craft," says Ray Wells – Sunday Times picture editor
• Training from a professional – former Sunday Times travel photographer Philip Dunn has been taking pictures as a full-time professional for 40 years
• Top European locations – from beautiful Menorca in the Mediterranean to the canals of Venice
• 100s of happy, satisfied photographers – established for over 10 years
• Don’t just take our word for it – video comments about our photography holidays
What to expect on your photography holiday
Each location differs in the photo opportunities it offers and please note that different levels of photographic experience are needed for each holiday.
You will certainly improve your camera technique and learn how to create truly inspirational travel photographs with top professional photography tuition at every step. Depending on the location and type of Photography Holiday, you can expect to learn how to…
- Take travel photographs that exceed your expectations
- Learn how to capture the atmosphere of a foreign country
- How to use light and composition more effectively
- Learn the secrets of street photography
- Capture effective and inspiring landscapes
- Learn how to take pictures you can sell
- How to see the way the camera sees
- How to capture action photographs
- How to make pictures happen
- How to use on-camera and off-camera flash to best effect (flash is covered on the Menorca Holiday)
"Your tuition, enthusiasm and encouragement were without doubt brilliant, Norene’s organisation faultless and the hotel excellent," Paul Lipman
Practical tuition from a professional photographer – Philip Dunn
These photography holidays are all about learning and having fun. They are led by me, Philip Dunn, a former Sunday Times travel photographer. I have over 40 years experience as a professional photographer and I’ve worked for every top national newspaper and magazine in the UK . For 10 years I’ve been teaching and coaching photographers of all levels – from complete newcomers to Royal Society Fellows and from local journalists to hardened Fleet Street professionals.
The photography techniques you will learn with me will enable you to travel anywhere in the world and capture images with that powerful and often elusive ‘feeling of place'. Pictures with real impact.
Read more about Philip Dunn
"Whatever the 'magic' was that you used – get it bottled! Thanks for making the week so memorable and special," Ian Smith
Enjoyable Photography Holidays for all keen photographers
Our 'Flagship' Photography Holiday location is Menorca – that's where the holidays started over 10 years ago and where we continue to have our main base. Menorca is the finest training ground in the world for photographers wanting to learn the art of fine photography. The one week holidays we run there are for all levels, but it's amazing how many highly experienced and competent photographers keep on coming back year after year.
Everything from landscape to Street Photography and light techniques to action photography is covered in Menorca.
Other Photography Locations
Other European locations are for photographers with a good understanding of their camera functions. The emphasis here is on capturing great images and using more advanced photographic technique – and all the camera craft that implies.
No matter which Photography Holiday you choose, I will show you how to bring true professional standards to your photography… and how to have more fun while you're doing it. I will work alongside you and explain step by step the secrets of gathering beautiful photographs.
"I know I keep coming back – but I enjoy it so much – good fun, great training, beautiful places," Ande Wick